A leaking or faulty water pump that isn’t repaired right away can cause the engine to overheat, and major damage to your engine. Many newer cars have safety features that won’t even allow you to drive the vehicle if something that serious is wrong. In addition, you may need to replace head gasket or get a new timing belt if the coolant system isn’t properly maintained. All of those repairs can add up to a hefty price tag.
How Do You Know if You Need a New Water Pump
Here are a few signs:
- Coolant leaks near the engine, especially when the vehicle is running
- Coolant trails leading from the pump, or a coolant deposit around the outside of the pump
- Grinding noises coming from underneath the hood
- The engine is overheating
- You see smoke or steam coming from under the hood
- Your car won’t start – many newer vehicles have safety features that won’t allow the engine to start if there’s something seriously wrong
If you’re seeing any of these signs, make an appointment with us as soon as possible, our Experienced Nationally Certified Technicians will help you asses any of your concerns so you can decide on the best course of action to keep your car safe and reliable for years to come.
We have three locations to serve you, with two in St. Paul and one in West St. Paul. Click here to find the location closest to you.