The timing belt is responsible for synchronizing the rotation of the main engine components such as crankshaft and camshaft to ensure they operate in harmony as well as maintaining efficient engine performance.
Should you replace your timing belt?
All automotive manufacturers insist on scheduled timing belt replacement by miles traveled, or by time.
Here are a few reasons why:
- Prevent Damage to your engine
- Save Money by eliminating the need for expensive engine repairs if belt breaks while engine is running
- Safer Driving – a broken timing belt causes complete engine failure, which is especially dangerous when traveling at high speeds
- Performance – Ensure your engine is performing as it should
- Peace Of Mind – While replacing the timing belt we gain access to other major and important components; we inspect for worn or damaged water pump, oil seals, drive belts, timing belt tensioner, and more. This saves you money in the long run!
Our nationally certified technicians are up to date on all manufacturer guidelines for timing belt replacement and can tell you when your vehicle is due. We have three convenient locations to serve you in St. Paul and West St. Paul.