A well-functioning car air conditioning system does more than just keep you cool on warm days—it also keeps you safe with fog-free windows in the winter! In addition, refrigerant leaks (one of the most common reasons for auto AC repair) are bad for the environment and can cause more damage to the system. If you’ve noticed signs of trouble, don’t wait! Schedule an appointment with our skilled ASE-certified technicians today.
How Do I Know I Need AC Service or Repair?
Some signs you may need auto AC repair or service include:
- The AC blows hot air or cool air intermittently
- The air coming from the vents isn’t hot, but it’s not very cold, either
- Loud noises while the compressor is running
- Foul odors coming from the vents
- Water pooling in the cabin after running the AC
- The clutch fails to engage (you don’t hear that signature “click” when you turn on the AC)
- The defroster doesn’t work or takes longer than normal to defrost the windows
Today’s air conditioning systems are quite a bit different from those in the past. Late-model vehicles generally hold less refrigerant and operate at a higher pressure. This puts greater demand on the system and makes it more vulnerable to wear and tear. Regular inspections and servicing can help catch issues as they develop, ensure cooling efficiency, and save you money on repair costs in the long run!
At Signal Garage, we offer every service you need to keep your AC performing its best, from inspections and diagnostics to car AC recharges and repairs. Schedule an appointment at one of our three convenient locations in St. Paul and West St. Paul. Our technicians will make sure you stay cool on the road!