Auto air conditioner systems are tied in with the heating system, allowing you to stay cool in the summer and warm in the winter. They also have the dual function of keeping your windows defrosted. Unfortunately, AC systems are made up of many components that can become worn or damaged over time. This can lead to inadequate cooling, poor defrosting, and environmentally hazardous leaks. Left unaddressed, leaks and other issues can cause greater damage to the system—and more expensive repairs.
Is Your Car AC Showing Signs of Trouble?
Some common signs your car AC may need service or repair include:
- The air blowing from the vents is just slightly cooler than the air outside
- Hot air is blowing from the vents, or the air is intermittently cool
- There’s a moist, rotten, or mildew smell while the AC is running
- Loud noises when the compressor is running
- You don’t hear the normal “click” when you turn on the AC (the clutch fails to engage)
- The defroster isn’t working or takes longer than normal to work
- Water pooling inside the cabin after using the AC
If you’ve noticed any of the above signs, schedule an appointment with us! Our ASE-certified technicians are skilled at diagnosing any issues your car air conditioning is having. We demand a lot more out of modern ACs than in the past, which is why regular servicing is also very important to keep the system well-maintained and performing its best. By keeping up with maintenance, we can catch small issues before they can turn into larger problems.
From maintenance to diagnostics and repair, you can always rely on the team at Signal Garage! Schedule an appointment with us today at one of our three convenient locations in St. Paul and West St. Paul. Don’t sweat it—we’ll have your AC running perfectly in no time.